1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 cinnamon stick
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
Sweetener of choice (see Tips)
- To a small saucepan, add coconut milk, almond milk, ground turmeric, ground ginger, cinnamon stick, coconut oil, SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt, black pepper, and sweetener of choice.
- Whisk to combine and warm over medium heat. Heat until hot to the touch but not boiling, about 4 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Turn off heat and taste to adjust flavor. Add more sweetener to taste or more turmeric or ginger for intense spice + flavor.
- Serve immediately, dividing between two glasses and leaving the cinnamon stick behind.
- Best when fresh, though leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat on the stovetop or microwave until hot.
- If you want to use fresh ginger instead of ground ginger, grate 1-2 tbsp into the mixture. For a creamy texture, pour the cooked mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove any ginger bits before serving.
- To sweeten, try a spoonful of maple syrup or a dash of stevia. Honey is a popular choice too.
- If you don't have cinnamon sticks on hand, you can use 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon.