2 pieces of Naan Bread (we love the Naan from Trader Joes) or gluten-free tortillas
1 cup of CK butternut squash sauce (recipe below)*
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 jalapeno pepper, sliced into thin rounds
1/2 red onion, sliced thin
1 plum tomato, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 tsp SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt, plus more for garnish
1 tsp Garden to Garnish Farm hot chocolate habanero honey
4 slices organic black forest bacon
4 cage-free eggs
Avocado oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place bacon slices in a single layer. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until desired crispness.
3. Meanwhile, line a second baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss sweet potato with olive oil and 1 teaspoon of SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt. Spread in single layer on half of the prepared baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
4. Once sweet potatoes have been in oven for 10 minutes, remove and place tomato slices on the other half of the prepared baking sheet, sprinkle SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt and drizzle with olive oil. Return pan to oven and roast for another 10-12 minutes until tomatoes are roasted and sweet potatoes are soft.
5. While bacon, sweet potatoes and tomatoes are roasting, place onion and jalapeno in small skillet along with remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Cook on medium heat until vegetables are softened (approximately 5-7 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
6. In the same skillet over medium-high heat, spray avocado oil and crack eggs directly into pan. Using a rubber spatula, break yokes and stir until eggs are fully scrambled and fluffy. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. To prepare Naan Bread Pizzettas: spread 1/2 cup of Butternut Squash Sauce onto each of the pieces of Naan Bread (or gluten-free tortillas, if using). Top with roasted sweet potato, roasted tomato slices, onion and jalapeno (spread out evenly between the 2 pieces of Naan). Place on baking sheet or directly on oven rack (this will result in crispier Naan) in oven for 10 minutes until sauce and Naan are warmed throughout.
8. Remove from oven and top with bacon slices and scrambled eggs (split evenly between the 2 pieces of Naan). Drizzle with Garden to Garnish hot chocolate habanero honey and sprinkle additional SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt. Serve immediately.
* CK Butternut Squash Sauce*
1 pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt to taste
black pepper to taste
1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
2 cups vegetable broth
1. In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, add butternut squash, onion, garlic, SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt, pepper and pepper flakes (if using). Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is softened and translucent. Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer approximately 20 minutes until broth is reduced and butternut squash is soft.
2. Once vegetable mixture is softened, remove from heat and let cool slightly. Transfer mixture to blender and puree the mixture until smooth. Add additional SalterieOne Classic Sea Salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.
Recipe courtesy of Clandestine Kitchen, featuring Duxbury Saltworks Seasonal Salt Blend & Garden to Garnish Farm Hot Chocolate Habanero Honey