- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups leftover rice
- 2 eggs
- South Blend
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Optional: tabasco or your other favorite hot sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add the rice to the pan and season with South Blend salt and some freshly ground pepper. Stir occasionally until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- While the rice is warming, beat the eggs in a small bowl. Pour the eggs into the frying pan with the rice and mix continuously with a soft spatula until the eggs are well distributed and cooked through to a “scrambled” consistency.
- Remove the pan from the heat and divide the yellow rice between two plates. Use kitchen scissors to cut the scallions as a garnish and top with a dash more of South Blend. A little tabasco or Frank’s Red Hot is an excellent addition for those who want a little spice with their breakfast!
Recipe by Danni Viafore @the.vegetarian.foodie